Sausage Ziti Bake
1 1/2 pounds sweet Italian Bulk Sausage
1 pound uncooked ziti
2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1 large onion, chopped
32 ounce jar spaghetti sauce
salt to taste
pepper to taste
8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- Brown sausage in large stockpot.
- Meanwhile, cook the ziti according to the package directions.
- Drain ziti.
- After sausage is browned remove it to a bowl and drain off all but about 1 tablespoon drippings.
- Add mushrooms and onions to stockpot and cook gently until tender.
- Stir in sauce, sausage, cooked and drained ziti, salt and pepper.
- Spoon into a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until heated the whole way through.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake uncovered an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
Let me know what you think of this ziti dish.