1 pound lean ground beef
3/4 cup chopped onion
3/4 cup diced green bell pepper
1 1/2 cups whole kernel corn
2 cups taco sauce
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
8 (12 inch) flour tortillas
1 (16 ounce) package shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 tomato, diced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Drain excess grease, and add the onion, bell pepper, and corn.
- Cook for about 5 more minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the taco sauce, and season with chili powder, garlic salt and cumin, stirring until blended.
- Cook until heated through, then remove from heat, and set aside.
- Open the can of beans, and spread a thin layer of beans onto each of the tortillas.
- Spoon the beef mixture down the center, and then top with as much shredded cheese as you like.
- Roll up the tortillas, and place them seam-side down onto a baking sheet.
- Brush the tortillas with melted butter.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.
- Serve with lettuce and tomato.
Freezer Friendly Instructions: After rolling up the tortillas place in freezer safe container and place in freezer. When ready to cook defrost in refrigerator brush with melted butter and bake as instructed. Or you can even cook them as instructed and then just reheat in the oven.