1/2 cup chopped onion
1 1/8 teaspoons paprika, divided
3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
1 1/4 cups water
1/4 cup tomato paste
1 bay leaf
1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon crystals
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1 1/2 pounds chicken
- In a small saucepan, saute onion and 1/8 teaspoon paprika in 1 teaspoon oil until tender.
- Stir in the water, tomato paste, bay leaf, bouillon and Italian seasoning and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, oregano and remaining paprika.
- Add chicken; seal bag and shake to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, cook half of the chicken in 1 teaspoon oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- Remove and keep warm; repeat with remaining chicken and oil.
- Remove bay leaf from sauce.
- Serve over chicken.