1/2 pound ground beef
1 14 ounce jar spaghetti sauce
1 3/4 cups water
1/4 cup dry red wine or water
1 9 ounce package refrigerated cheese filled tortellini
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large sauce pan cook ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Drain off fat.
- Add spaghetti sauce, the 1 3/4 cups water and 1/4 cup wine to the meat.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Stir in tortellini return to boiling.
- Simmer uncovered, for 15 to 18 minutes or until tortellini are tender and sauce is of desired consistency.
- Add mozzarella as topping after serving.