I have been looking for a recipe for a homemade breakfast bar that had ingredients that I have available at home on a regular basis. I generally find recipes that have ingredients that I have either have never heard of or can only be find in health food stores. Check out this recipe.
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup whole wheat flour
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup apple juice
10 ounces jam (apricot, blackberry, blueberry, raspberry, strawberry, or apple butter)
1 tablespoon water
- Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Add the oil, egg, vanilla, and apple juice, and mix with a spoon or a mixer.
- Press 2/3 of the mix evenly into a greased 8x12 pan.
- Mix the jam with the water, and spread evenly over the mix.
- Crumble the remaining oat mixture over the top, and bake at 325 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Before cutting, cool completely.