1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree
1/4 cup water
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups Flour
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 1/2 teaspoons Active Dry Yeast
1 egg, beaten
Coarse salt to taste
- Measure all ingredients into mixer, except egg and coarse salt.
- Mix until forms into a ball. (I use a stand mixer with dough hook.)
- Cover and place in warm place to double in size.
- Divide dough into four equal pieces and roll each into a rope.
- Form into pretzel shape and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Brush each pretzel with beaten egg and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake in preheated oven at 450 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes.
If you don't have a stand mixer only use 1 1/2 cups flour and stir with a spoon until mixed well. Then add remaining flour and knead by hand until forms into a smooth ball.