2 Tablespoons olive oil
8 cloves garlic minced
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (1/8 teaspoon for a milder flavor)
salt and pepper to taste
1 pound chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
1 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon corn starch
- Heat oil over medium high heat in a large skillet.
- Add garlic until golden brown.
- Add red pepper and chicken breasts that have been salt and peppered.
- When the outside of the chicken breasts have been browned add chicken broth.
- When broth starts to boil add a lid and turn down heat to a simmer. Cook chicken until no longer pink inside. (about 10 minutes depending on thickness of chicken)
- In a small bowl add water and whisk in corn starch.
- Move chicken to one side of the skillet and add starch mixture to broth. Stir until thickens.
- Serve gravy mixture over chicken.